This time, KBB Challenge# 6 is BISCUITS with THE CHEESE as the main ingredient.
This Snack can be used @ the cocktail party or you can eat as a nibble... @ the end we need to use our own creativity to make the biscuits. They can be added any kinds of nuts or sprinkled them with Sesame seeds etc... Something need to be paid attention... is ON BAKING TIME. Every oven has different temperature, it has been advised to check every 5 minutes 'cos they are easy to get burn....You can use any kinds of mature cheeses...like cheddar, parmigiano, pecorino or etc..
I tried to finish this challenge before the end of this month...'cos I might delivery my second baby on the end of this month... Horay....
Source: Vogue Australia: Wine and Food Cookbook.
225g grated mature cheese --> I used parmesan cheese
cayenne pepper to taste --> I didn't use any cayenne pepper 'cos my girl will eat it ...^_^...
sesame seeds --> I used sesame seeds & pumpkin seeds too as the decoration...
- With finger tips, mix together cheese, butter, flour and cayenne pepper until mixture forms a mass. --> I used a pastry blender to mix
- Butter a biscuit tray. --> I used cooking spray...it's easier ..he..he
- Make small balls of the dough.
- Roll some in sesame seeds and press on tray, placing them fairly far apart as they will spread while cooking. (We have pressed walnuts on some of the biscuits and, for a colour contrast, some chopped pistachio nuts). --> I pressed some pumpkin seeds then sprinkled with sesame seeds..
- Bake biscuits in pre-heated oven 180C for 15 minutes. --> after 15 minutes I turned down the heat 'til 100-120 C and just baked biscuits a little bit longer to make them crunchy..
- Store in an airtight container.
...So what do u think my biscuits? are they okay? or too dark?? he..he..
Look ...who was trying to eat my biscuits ...^_^...
Ooppsss... mom.... you got me.. he..he..
It's yummy... mommy... yum..yum ...^_^...
Enjoy and Be Blessed ...^_^...