Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Don’t Let Your Past Stop You – SteveMurrell.com

Don’t Let Your Past Stop You – SteveMurrell.com


NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE, USA. Too often we get so focused on what we are NOT, that we forget what God says we are.
Consider Old Testament writer, Amos who wrote: “I was neither a prophet nor the son of a prophet, but I was a shepherd, and I also took care of sycamore-fig trees. But the Lord took me from tending the flock and said to me, ‘Go, prophesy to my people Israel.’”(Amos 7:14,15)
We know him as the Prophet Amos, but he says he was not a prophet, nor the son of a prophet. Here’s the lesson: Amos did not let what he was NOT stop him from becoming what God called him to be.
He was a shepherd and a fruit-picker. But God wanted him to be a prophet. So he became a prophet. Case closed.
What has God called you to be? Are you letting your past, your parents, or your problems stop you from becoming what God has called you to be? Don’t! Be all you can be.

No comments: